The thing that is very inspiring about this whole thing is that fact that many Filipinos have united in doing what they can to help. In the midst of this tragedy, heroism and resilience have again been very evident. From civilans, to rescue team composed of army and navy personnel to the police force have been on the go helping strangers from the rooftops of their homes. Filipinos have yet again proven that this may be something negative, but something positive always results from it. We become a unified and strong nation regardless of class, education and religion. Multiple ways of help have been pouring in may it be physical, a tweet, a Facebook update or through one’s own little way, a prayer will go a long way.
My heart goes out to the pets that have been displaced and lost their families/masters. They can’t scream for help and they aren’t the priority in situations like this but please if you see animals or pets in need of rescue please contact PETA at 817-5292 as well as PAWS.
For those in the Philippines, SAVE THESE NUMBERS and REMEMBER THESE HASHTAGS. Better safe than sorry so I hope you all take time out to snap a photo of this or save it on to your computers and phones.
Also, if you can, stay glued on to your TV’s, laptops and phones for updates and don’t forget to charge your gadgets as well. I’ll be retweeting things that will be helpful for you all to be updated. I saw this on Facebook and think this is beautiful. TAKE CARE EVERYONE and please continue to #PRAYFORTHEPHILIPPINES.
If you can’t physically help, prayers and well wishes will be just as helpful and as powerful as well. Here are links and info on places you can go to, to lend a helping hand or donate.
- Red Cross
- ABS-CBN Sagip Kapamilya
- GMA Kapuso Foundation #OperationBayanihan
- AdMU DreaM Team
- LaSallian Relief Operations
- Office of the President’s Relief Operations & Evacuation Centers
- Operation Blessing through 700 Club Asia
Other locations: (Drop Off Sites)
- Assumption College San Lorenzo, Makati City
- CSA, Dasmarinas Village
- Ateneo Professional Schools Building in Rockwell
- Enderun Colleges, Taguig City
- SM Mega Mall Building A
- Whitespace, Pasong Tamo
- MoonLeaf Tea Shop, Maginhawa St., UP – Starting Aug.8 11AM
- SM, Ayala & Robinson’s Malls
- Sanctuario de San Antonio, Forbes Park, Makati
- Rue Bourbon, Eastwood City
- All McDonald’s branches in Metro Manila
- Assumption Antipolo Family Council office
- Seed Montessori School
WHAT TO DONATE:
• Bottled water
• Cooked Rice
• Canned goods
(preferably those that do not need can openers – sardines, vienna sausage, etc)
• Dried fish
• 1 kilo sugar
• Vegetable Noodles
• Medicines (Paracetamol, Betadine, etc.)
• Old and new clothes
both for adults and kids
(pants, t-shirts, shorts, underwear)
• Plastic sheets
• Sleeping mats
• Kitchen utensils
• Water containers
• Laundry soaps
• Sanitary napkins (for women/ladies)
I’ll be updating this post whenever I get tweets and emails. Feel free to contact me so I may update this list or simply comment below if you like. Continue praying for the Philippines and helping anyway you possibly can!